Tuesday, March 5, 2013

a new favorite

DSC_0015-001DSC_0018 made this cake a couple days ago and oh my was it delicious. I got the recipe from this wonderful blog. So many great eats and her photos are beautifully styled. I could look through her blog for hours. When I stumbled upon this particularly recipe I just knew I had to make it. Often I'll look over a recipe and tweak it a little to put my own spin on it. But nope, not this one. I knew my taste buds would like it just the way it was. I definitely will be making it again. It was so very moist and had the most wonderfully strong black tea flavor. I think the only thing I'll do differently next time is make a Italian buttercream as opposed to an American.I really enjoy the lightness and versatility of a good Italian buttercream opposed to the denseness of an American.

No comments: